Director, Business Development
Come help us make life suck less.
share this job position
Lemonada Media seeks a full-time Director, Business Development to build strong relationships and systems to support our growing base of Lemonada sponsors and advertising partners. The Director, Business Development reports directly to the Vice President, Sales & Partnership, collaborating with fellow members of the business development, as well as executive, operations, production, and marketing teams, to maximize revenue-driving operations across the network and achieve ambitious revenue goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
Meet or exceed individual annual revenue goal
- Own and cultivate relationships with key corporate sponsors, along with VP, Sales & Partnership, colleagues, and CEO
- Build a portfolio of new and renewal corporate sponsors through research and outreach
- Manage relationships with agencies for traditional ad sales
- Manage strong relationships with talent and talent teams
Ensure a strong return on investment and a high level of customer service for external stakeholders
- Act as a lead account executive from sourcing through deal-closing including managing ongoing client relations, communications, and data-sharing
- Build strong relationships with partners, generating renewals and expanding support over time
Contribute to strong internal collaboration and processes
- Effectively prepare the CEO for any meetings or engagement with current or potential partners, including meeting prep, and follow-up
- Work with the operations team and clients to ensure seamless development and delivery of ad copy, as well as timely invoicing, data tracking, and reporting on all accounts
- Create communication materials to support all phases of the selling process
- Manage all information systems and data tracking to support the selling process
- Work cross-functionally with the broader Lemonada team to achieve all outcomes
- At least 5-10 years of relevant professional experience, previous experience in advertising sales and/or podcast sales required
- Exceptional ability to build and navigate relationships across multiple teams and stakeholders
- A passion for data-driven decision-making and strategy-building
- Deeply organized with top-notch attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong judgment and ability to manage confidential information and data
- Ability to work collaboratively, with kindness and support, with colleagues across multiple Lemonada teams
Lemonada is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is full-time. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Life and ST Disability Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care FSA, 401K, and Flexible PTO to all full-time employees in addition to a generous holiday schedule, including 2 weeks of org-wide shared time off in December.
Desired Start Date: Late summer – early fall 2023
Location: Remote but must be based in NYC or LA Metro areas. Limited travel required
Salary: $70,000-$88,000 depending on experience
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to share here. For any specific questions please email email@example.com.