Social Media Contractor
Come help us make life suck less.
share this job position
Lemonada Media seeks a Social Media Contractor (SMC). This role will focus on owning social media strategy and execution for one of the top shows in Lemonada Media’s growing portfolio of hit podcasts. This high-profile role requires a team member who can do it all: from planning to content creation, you must be able to fully own and operationalize a winning social media brand at the very highest level of excellence.
The SMC will regularly collaborate with external stakeholders and colleagues throughout the company, working with colleagues across Lemonada’s marketing, sales, production, and business development teams to execute digital content campaigns across social media to ensure the highest reach possible.
The SMC functions as an integral part in a collaborative team structure, working with multiple leaders and coordinating efforts to ensure all work aligns with our social media goals and overall audience development/marketing goals.
This is a contract position with potential to extend or convert into full-time hire, based on organizational needs and performance. This role works closely with the VP, Marketing, the Marketing and Audience Growth Team, and will work closely with talent, the Lemonada social and digital team, and the Lemonada art team, as well as the related production team(s).
Craft Comprehensive Social Media Strategies: Develop and execute well-thought-out social media plans for our high-profile series, ensuring a consistent and engaging presence.
Daily Content Management: Lead the day-to-day publishing activities on all our social media channels, maintaining a dynamic and interactive online presence.
Community Building and User Engagement: Cultivate and manage an active and thriving online community. Encourage user-generated content, comments, and interactions on relevant platforms.
Monetizing Social Platforms: Create and implement strategies to integrate and maximize product sales within our social media platforms.
Collaborative Content Creation: Collaborate with Art Director and the team in producing captivating social media content, which includes tasks such as selecting clips, creating basic videos, and designing visual assets.
Compelling Copywriting: Craft clean, engaging, and highly shareable copy and posts tailored for social media, capturing the essence of our content.
Audience Growth Planning: Contribute to and execute content plans that align with our audience growth objectives.
Trend Tracking: Stay vigilant about digital trends and report on evolving online activities. Adapt strategies to remain relevant in a dynamic digital landscape.
- 3-5 years of experience with social media content creation, social media planning, and social media community management
- Experience in audio industry and/or familiarity with podcast data attribution systems a plus
- Sales experience will also be considered a plus, but not required
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with online social media management required
- Understanding of and passion for the social media universe including Facebook, X/Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity, kindness and ability to exercise discretion
- A writer with style who knows grammar rules—and when to break them
- A self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize in real time
- A belief in the power of the web, social media and mobile technologies to engage podcast audiences
- Strong team player who is an excellent communicator that is capable of articulating goals and tactics for making our social media channels successful
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, including adjusting course as needed
- Ability to capture, edit and create simple video content – phone videos are fine, you need not be a documentary filmmaker
Lemonada is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience, and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is a contract role of 3-9 months, working 20-40 hours per week (negotiable). There is potential to extend based on performance and business needs. Benefits available as applicable.
Desired Start Date: January 2024
Location: Flexible (US-based, with preference for working EST or CST)
Expected Salary: $30-$50/hour (exact compensation depending on experience and location.)
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to share here. For any specific questions, please email hiring [at] lemonadamedia [dot] com