Supervising Producer – Weekly Content
Come help us make life suck less.
share this job position
Lemonada Media is seeking a full-time supervising producer to join the weekly team behind hit shows like In The Bubble, Add To Cart, Funny Cuz It’s True, and more. You’re a creative audio producer who is skilled at both crafting existing shows and piloting new ones. In this role, you will lead and mentor a small team of producers and engineers. You’re good at mentoring the people around you. You’ll run recordings, cut tape, provide editorial supervision, and be responsible for the final versions of episodes. Lemonada is a fast-paced environment, and you’ll play a key role in creating our content. This position reports directly to the VP of Weekly Content and Production.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a small team responsible for booking, prep, pre-production, production, and post-production on up to three weekly series
- Collaborate on the development and piloting of new weekly programming
- Lead high-end production to ensure top-notch audio and a positive experience for hosts and guests
- Identify strong tape from raw audio and assemble episodes using ProTools while mentoring junior staff members to learn the ins and outs of assembly
- Manage booking and external outreach on each show in your slate
- Create efficient production calendars while managing workflow and DOL
- Conduct guest pre-interviews and prep hosts to conduct stellar interviews
- Ensure each episode is produced on time, quality-controlled, and distributed effectively with appropriate ads in place
- Direct host voiceover sessions and weekly ad recordings
- Coordinate with ad ops team on tracking and cutting of weekly ads alongside associate producers
- Collaborate with hosts and marketing team to craft compelling show titles and descriptions each week
- Work with social media and marketing teams to support publication and audience growth efforts, including providing audio, images, and video for each episode
- Manage show budgets, fast-paced workflow, and production staff
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with various Lemonada teams, including marketing and operations
- Manage co-promotion for social media with guests and guests’ teams
- Collaborate with the executive team to make adjustments based on listener data
- Proven track record of managing a high-performing team of audio creatives
- Experience working with high-profile talent
- A desire to make the world better through audio and a commitment to diversity and representing diverse voices in program content
- Creative and tactical knowledge of audio production along with good judgment, solid writing skills, proficiency in audio recording and editing, respect for a deadline, and the ability to multitask
- Ability to produce high-quality shows with a small team on a budget and with tight deadlines while providing the best possible service to the audience, the talent, and any production and business partners
- The ear and expertise to turn good talent + content into hit shows
- Experience editing/shaping raw tape, preferably with Pro-Tools
- Sparkling people skills, kindness, and strong management skills with the ability to bring out the best in others
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Background in comedy, health and wellness, or lifestyle programming preferred
Lemonada is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience, and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is full-time. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Life and ST Disability Insurance, Medical and dependent Care FSA, 401K and Flexible PTO to all full-time employees in addition to a generous holiday schedule, including 2 weeks of org-wide time off in December.
Desired Start Date: March 2023
Location: Flexible (US-Based, remote)
Salary: $90,000-$110,000 depending on experience
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to share here. For any specific questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.