The Clarence Thomas Problem (with Michael Waldman)
A bombshell report from ProPublica found that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been receiving undisclosed gifts from a conservative billionaire for decades, including luxury vacations and yacht outings. Is this an ethical crisis? Andy poses that question to Michael Waldman, the president of the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law and a former adviser to President Clinton and Biden. Michael explains why our judicial system is spinning out of control and how an ethics code and term limits would help restore integrity to the Supreme Court.
Keep up with Andy on Post and Twitter @ASlavitt.
Follow Michael Waldman on Twitter @mawaldman.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today!
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
• Read Michael’s opinion piece, “Clarence Thomas, a billionaire benefactor and the Supreme Court’s ethics crisis.”
• Check out Michael’s forthcoming book, “The Supermajority: How the Supreme Court Divided America.”
• Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community.
• Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response.”