Lemonada Cements Its First Franchise with the Launch of ‘Good Kids’ Season 2
The popular short-form parenting podcast returns with an eye to the pandemic, home-schooling, and activism
9/29/2020 — Lemonada Media has released the first episode of Good Kids Season 2.
The podcast series returns with an inclusive line-up that features everyone from parents to experts to Gen Z activists themselves talking about how to raise children in these volatile times. Each episode clocks-in at just 10 minutes, with the guest serving as host, delivering their own personalized, masterfully scored talk about raising good humans.
Good Kids’ Season 2 kicks off with Golden Globe-winning actress Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) giving her account of giving birth during COVID-19, at the same time that her good friend, musician Adam Schlesinger, was losing his fight with the virus.
Upcoming guests include:
- Jerome Foster II, the Black teen climate-change activist
- Lily Cornell Silver, the Soundgarden frontman’s daughter and mental-health advocate
- Saad Amer, Pakistani-American Gen Z environmentalist and Plus1Vote founder
- Nic Stone, the New York Times best-selling YA author of color (Dear Martin, Clean Getaway)
- June Diane Raphael, the Grace and Frankie actress on working moms
- Dr. Gabor Maté, world-renowned trauma expert and co-author of Hold on to Your Kids
“The return of Good Kids is a continuation of what Lemonada is quickly becoming known for: thought-provoking content that speaks to the world around us, no matter how imperfect that may be,” says Jessica Cordova Kramer, Lemonada’s Chief Executive Officer. “We want to appeal to our listeners’ loves of storytelling and smart conversations. But it’s also important that our content actually be useful, that it helps people get through life each and every day.”
Lemonada Media has a very active Q4 slate. The company will launch Season 2 of Last Day, their flagship series, on October 14. It returns with a singular mission: to confront, and find solutions for, the country’s growing suicide rate. And in November, they will launch Add to Cart. Hosted by writer-director-producer Kulap Vilaysack (Who Charted?, Bajillion Dollar Properties) and journalist SuChin Pak, Add to Cart takes funny-but-meaningful looks at modern consumerism and anything we “buy into,” such as products, philosophies, lifestyles, and entertainment choices.
“As we head into 2021, we’re continually looking for ways to imbue the weight of issues around us with lightness, with optimism and hope,” says Stephanie Wittels Wachs, Lemonada’s Chief Creative Officer. “These two titles capture that. Emotionally, humans are complex creatures, and we are always here for that.”
The podcast network:
- “The Untold Story: Policing,” hosted by actor Jay Ellis (Insecure, Mrs. America) and executive-produced by Lemonada and Campaign Zero activist DeRay Mckesson, returns soon with a bonus episode about the history of police raids on people of color and the murder of Breonna Taylor.
- “Our America,” hosted by Julián Castro, about how the American dream has been displaced by the American struggle—and what we can do to change that.
- “In the Bubble,” hosted by Obama healthcare guru Andy Slavitt, addresses life during a pandemic.
- “In Recovery,” hosted by physician-educator Dr. Nzinga Harrison, examines addictions of all kinds in a non-judgmental, traditional chat format.
- “Tell Me What to Do,” hosted by writer-producer Jaime Primak Sullivan, gives fans no-nonsense, entertaining advice.
About Lemonada Media:
Lemonada is a podcast network founded in 2019 by Jessica Cordova Kramer and Stephanie Wittels Wachs. The company’s podcasts share an unfiltered version of the human experience that, in a time of increasing polarization, is a place where people come together. Lemonada provides a robust advertising platform, one that is nonpartisan and deeply engaging, with uniquely amiable host-read ads. Lemonada is represented by Oren Rosenbaum at UTA.
Lemonada in the Press:
- The Wrap | “Rachel Bloom Opens Up About Giving Birth During COVID, Losing Adam Schlesinger”
- Buzzfeed | “People Are Struggling. This Podcast Talks About How We’re All Working Together To Make It Through”
- San Antonio Express | “Castro’s Podcast a Travelogue of an Overlooked America”
- Houston Chronicle | “Houstonian’s Lemonada Podcast Aims to Make the World a Better Place”
VP of Marketing & Growth